Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 09:07
    Simon

Capabilities to split CMS and published content

Hi there, I hope that someone can help me.

I am currently considering Umbraco as the CMS platform for our company.  I am trying to find information regarding the capabilities for deployment in our environment, with special considerations:

Ideally, we would like the CMS administrative functions split from the published content.  We want the CMS admin functions to sit behind our corporate firewall and integrated with Active directory.  A publish function would then send the content to our front end web farm, where there is no CMS / administrative function.

Does the CMS support Web Farm?  Active Directory?  Content Publishing?

And is there documentation available for this kind of configuration?

Thank you

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 09:42
    Dirk De Grave

Yes, umbraco supports a web farm scenario, and in your case, I'd take a look at Courier. Its current version is 1.3, altho there's a beta of v2.0 already out which has much more functionality when it comes to publishing and tranferring data between different environments.

umbraco supports Active Directory, you'll have to replace the standard umbraco membership provider with a Active Directory provider implementation tho.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 10:38
    Rich Green

Hey,

You could also look at Snapshot http://www.farmcode.org/page/Snapshot.aspx

"Snapshot allows you to export an Umbraco website into a static ASP.NET website which you can run without an Umbraco back-end, but still using the standard Umbraco features such as XSLT and Macros."

Rich 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft