Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 21:17
    Nik Wahlberg

Lucene.net crashing app pool

Hey umbracos, I have an error that is bringing one of our sites to it's knees just a few minutes after reboot. I found mention of this error in prvious posts, but my permissions and settings seem to be fine. 

This is on a Win 2003 server, SQL server 2005, .NET 3.5, Umbraco 4.5.2

The error seems to have been introduced sporadically without any changes to the server (from reviewing the logs). 

This is a production site so I appreciate any insight you guys have on this...thanks a lot! 

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 8.5px Helvetica} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 8.5px Helvetica; min-height: 11.0px}

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: DefaultDomain

Process ID: 5932

Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Message: Unable to find assembly 'Lucene.Net, Version=2.9.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

StackTrace:    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap.Create(String name, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossAppDomainSerializer.DeserializeObject(MemoryStream stm)

at System.AppDomain.Deserialize(Byte[] blob)

at System.AppDomain.UnmarshalObject(Byte[] blob)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at 

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 23:12
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Nik,

That looks like a tough one and most probably a server related issue.

I guess you are using IIS 6.0; do you have multiple sites installed and is the app pool shared by any chance?

I'm not an expert on this matter, but maybe this article can get you started:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/939967/how-can-i-determine-the-cause-of-an-iis-crash-on-a-64-bit-server

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft