Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Imrankhan 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 07:34
    Imrankhan

WebpageSecurity in umbraco

Hi friends.

I am getting a problem to setup umbraco in virtual directory.

I have setup one application in root directory and I want to setup umbraco in sub folder as virtual directory. I have WebPageSecurity.dll file in bin folder for root application. When I access umbraco application then I get error that says Could not load 'WebPageSecurity.dll'..... After that If I put WebPageSecurity.dll in bin folder in umbraco application then I get this error 'Response is not available in this context'. I can't identify in which file generating this error. My root application is working but can't able to find out any solution to setup umbraco in subfolder as virtual directory.

Can anyone help me out to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks
    Imran Khan

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 14:06
    Tim

Hi Imran,

You need to tell your root application not to inherit it's web.config setting to the sub-applications. Here's an FAQ article about the issue and a couple of ways of solving it! http://www.aspdotnetfaq.com/Faq/how-to-disable-web-config-inheritance-for-child-applications-in-subfolders-in-asp-net.aspx

Jope that helps!

:)

• Matt S. 1 post 21 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 23:48
    Matt S.

May I also suggest that you upgrade your WebPageSecurity library to the newest version. The new version 4, renamed to Security Switch, is quite stable and supports matching any request. You can even use it with Umbraco now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft