Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Mckay 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 19:40
    Ian Mckay

root/pathname issue (I think)!

Help! We are new to Umbraco and have inherited a site from another supplier for one of our clients. We have installed the site on one of our dev servers and have noticed an issue with the path names. Basically certain links have the root domain in them and other don't.

If you take a look at salts.foundryweb.co.uk and click on the 'home' button/link everything it fine. But if you click on the 'about us', 'worldwide', etc. then the site loses the salts.foundryweb.co.uk path and just tries to display 'about-us.aspx'.

We are assuming this is a config issue, and something to do with root/parent/child pages, but we're not sure exactly what. Do we need to updated the webconfig?

Can anybody suggest any issue with this. The site we have inherited was originally completed in Umbraco v3.0.3, we have upgraded it to v4.7 and IIS7.

Thanks for any help

Ian

• Thomas Enggaard Christensen 24 posts 49 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 20:07
    Thomas Enggaard Christensen

From the website it looks like links for "About Us", "Worldwide", "News & events", "Jobs", "Contact Us", and "Products" are generated dynamicaly. And the "Home" link is static. Is there a setting in the web.config (or somewhere else) somewhere where you have specified the hostname?

The dynamic navigation links looks like they have a hardcoded "http://" and trailing "/" around the links.

I would take a look at the macro that renders the navigation and look for signs of the above.

I would suspect it would be fairly easy to edit the navigation macro to fix the "About Us", "Worldwide", "News & events", "Jobs", "Contact Us", and "Products" links. If im right about the hardcoded "http://" and "/" it should be fairly easy to remove them.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft