Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave 48 posts 68 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 18:26
    Dave

Umbraco 4.5.2 + blog

Hi Guys

Finally got the blog working but had to go back to 4.5.2 to get a successful install! (How long before the blog installs on 4.7?)
    It runs on a remote server with the database on another server (that took some messing around!).

Now I find that in the editor (TinyMCE??) the 'insert image' and the 'insert table' buttons dont work!

I click insert image, the dialog box pops up, i select an image and press insert, the image details at the top are wiped and the box just sits and looks at me. Doesnt matter whether its an existing one or a new one (imports correctly to the image folder).

I click Insert table, the dialog box pops up, doesnt matter what I change in the parameters, when i click Insert it just flickers and does nothing, just like the image box.

I must be doing something wrong surely!

Can anyone point me at a solution to these (I assume) simple problems please

Thanks

Dave

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 18:33
    Eran Meir

which browser do you use?

May 06, 2011 @ 09:35
    Dave

Thanks for the nudge!

Using IE9, these dont work (but will in compatibility mode) - using Chrome its all fine!

Any idea when/whether it will be fixed?

Cheers

Dave

May 06, 2011 @ 11:18
    Eran Meir
    May 06, 2011 @ 11:23
    Dave

Yep - looks like it

Thanks for the comment

Dave

May 06, 2011 @ 12:08
    Dave

Just posted a reply which seems to have got lost - lets try to recreate it:

as you have probably noticed - I am a newb at Umbraco and have been charged with evaluating 4 for a new project.
    We currently run 4 sites for different customers using 2x and 3x and they work fine.

Having installed 4 on a remote server with its db on a different remote server I am now trying to get to grips with addons.
    I have downloaded and installed Doc2Form and tried to insert a 'Doc2Form - Complete' macro on a new page.
    No browser that I have access to (IE9,FF3/4,Chrome) will create any page with any sort of macro on that i can detect - I'm stumped!

Referring back to workitem 29773, will the problem be fixed anytime soon?

As usual any/all comments are gratefully received

Cheers

Dave

May 06, 2011 @ 12:12
    Eran Meir

i suggest leaving a message on http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/doc2form

and about the bug, i have no idea.

May 06, 2011 @ 12:17
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft