Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik Lunde 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 19:19
    Fredrik Lunde

Installing umbraco on webhost using IIS 6 and asp.net 2.0

Hi.

Im currently struggeling with deploying umbraco on a webhost using IIS 6.0 and asp.net 2.0.

Which umbraco version is compitable during these curcumstances?

I have succedes in uploading and installing umbraco 4.0.4.2 on the server and got it running but once i get in to the back-end i can't do anything. I can only se the top folders, content, settings and so on but they dont have anything in them. When i tried uploading from microsoft webmatrix and checked the compability with the host the ASP.NET version check returns the unknown status, meaning there is a problem with the hosts ASPNET version or the pipeline mode.

Or is there something wrong in my web.config file?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 19:27
    Rich Green

It sounds like your permissions are not set correctly on your 4.0.4.2 install, I would check them.

I'm not sure which is the last version that was 2.0 compatable, but got a feeling that was the last one prior to 4.5

Rich

May 05, 2011 @ 20:48
    Fredrik Lunde

The installation went perfect, including the permissions check, "You permissions are perfekt" in step 3. I think the web.config file is set to .net version 3.5, is there a web.config file specific for .net 2.0 that wolud work better? Or can I change the current web.config file to version 2.0?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2011 @ 22:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frederik

What settings do you have for the application pool?

/Jan

May 05, 2011 @ 22:46
    Fredrik Lunde

Hi Jan

I'm not sure about my app pool setting, having problems with configuring the settings on my webhost, All i can see is that the .net 2.0.50727.3615 version is activiated onthe host, I can't really give you more exact settings than that. This is all i can see in back end, and i guess it has something to do with the settings. // Fredrik

May 05, 2011 @ 22:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frederik

Do you know if your host is supporting full trust or if it's medium trust?

And is it possible for you to contact them about this issue?

/Jan

May 05, 2011 @ 23:43
    Fredrik Lunde

I'm not sure about that either, but I'm having some contact with them, what do i need to know and what settings do i need to apply?

thx

May 06, 2011 @ 23:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fredrik

you need to ask them if they support full or medium trust and if the proper permissions have been set on the umbraco root folder. And you also need to make sure the app pool is running .NET 4.

But if they ususally support Umbraco installations I suppose they know much better how their setup should be running than me :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft