Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    May 06, 2011 @ 08:03
    Tizer

Could this be a hostname problem?

I have 2 websites (2 separate domains) working from one install of umbraco.

The 2 domains for example are: dom1.com and dom2.com.

dom1.com has a page which the url is dom1.com/dom2.aspx and when this is clicked, it somehow redirects the dom2.com and doesn't display its content.

Could manage hostnames be effecting this?

It just seems like this url is doing some kind domain parking using dom2.com. It displays dom2.com, but retains the url in the browser: dom1.com/dom2.aspx

I have no idea where to look to fix this? I have checked the website bindings, checked the domain redirections.... and now am totally stuck :(

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    May 06, 2011 @ 09:05
    Pasang Tamang

Hi Tizer

May be the problem is due to managing hostname in umbraco backoffice. Did you checked the hostname binding within the umbraco backoffice?

Thanks

Pnima

May 06, 2011 @ 09:17
    Tizer

Hey Pnima - yes I did and all seems in order.

I have just checked the audit trail though and on dom2.com it is giving this error, and has done for the everyday since it was published :(

Error adding to SiteMapProvider: System.Web.HttpException: 'http://www.dom2.com' is not a valid virtual path. at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.CheckValidVirtualPath(String path) at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative) at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode) 

I have this in my web.config and have seen threads which say to remove it, but I am not sure, mine is different

<siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true"> 
    <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
    </providers>
    </siteMap>
    May 06, 2011 @ 10:26
    Tizer

Ah - I just recreated the node, moved other nodes into it, republished and deleted the original node and all works :)

Thanks to everyone who looked :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft