Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• cbae 18 posts 40 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 16:27
    cbae

Combining document types of different starter kits

It seems rather silly that each starter kit doesn't come with all of the document types found in the various starter kits. For instance, the personal site starter kit doesn't come with "News article" document type found in the business site starter kit, and the business site starter kit doesn't come with any of the gallery document types found in the personal site starter kit.

Having said that, what would be the easiest way to add the "News article" document type to a web site created with the business site starter kit, or add the gallery document types to a web site created with the personal site starter kit?

• Jeff Chapin 18 posts 39 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 17:41
    Jeff Chapin

I fully agree.  I liked bits & pieces of each starter kit and wished one just had it all.  I wish I could tell you the "easiest way" but I don't know.  My first attempt was to go to the Developer section and load each package I liked.  That made a cluttered mess of my site.  So my second attempt was to run a seperate instance of Umbraco of each package I liked and look at how a News site or a Calendar site or a Slideshow was build and took the code with cut and paste.  

• cbae 18 posts 40 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 19:13
    cbae

I found the document type export/import feature, which helps quite a bit. However, you still have to recreate the document type-specific templates since those can't be exported and wouldn't make sense to do so.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft