Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    May 10, 2011 @ 10:27
    Lachlann

Upgrade 4.6 to 4.7 An item with the same key has already been added.

Hello all,

I upgraded my umbraco instalation from 4.6 to 4.7 this morning. It all seemed to go okay, I got the start up screen asking me to accept the terms of use etc..

The backend opens fine and I refreshed the site cache, However when i viewed the front end all of my xslt macros failed. I looke at the stack trace and it said it was because of some razor.dll dependency I found that I had a bunch of legacy .dlls in the bin which I removed and refreshed the site. I now get the error:

umbracoMacro InnerException An item with the same key has already been added.
    An item with the same key has already been added.
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__4()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

I noticed as well in the install setup screen it seemed to skip the DB setup. step. i.e. it went from step 1 "welcome get started" to step 2 the terms agreement and then straight to the all setup screen, is this right?

Any help would be great!

thanks

L

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    May 10, 2011 @ 11:17
    Lachlann

Okay seem to have fixed it, there was an anomylous entry in the xsltExtensions config. I removed it and it seems to work fine. Phew!

L

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 00:39
    Tom Fulton

For anyone else having this same exception:

I ran into this error tonight on one of our load balanced servers (v 4.7.0).  I tried everything I could think of - recycling app pool, iisreset, rebuilding cache, commenting the XSLT extensions, etc to no joy.  The strange thing was the same site was working fine on another server of ours.

After poking around in the source I noticed some comments/updates around GetMacroExtensions() from 4.7.1, related to caching - so I went ahead and upgraded to 4.7.1 and that fixed the problem.  I suppose the XSLT extensions were cached somewhere and it was trying to re-add them, not sure where this would be cleared though.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else runs into this and starts pulling their hair out like me :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft