Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• seanrock 240 posts 461 karma points
    May 11, 2011 @ 23:37
    seanrock

4.7 installation hangs at 35% - no error, just sits there

I've tryied the binaries and the web platform installer. both times the umbraco installation wizard sits at 35% (installing tables...)

win2003 sp2, .net 4

Anyone gets this or can suggest something?

Thanks

Sean

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 09:42
    Drew

I've had this before when there was a problem connecting to the database.
    (sits at 35% for a long time, then either stays there or stops and tells you the DB has been set up....but then there are no table)

1. Check your database connection values.
      If you want, select "I know my connection string" option (at the bottom) and specify your own connection string, such as:
      server=localhost;database=myUmbracoDatabase;user id=umbracoAdmin;password=PA55W0RD
    2. Double check that your database exists, your user exists and that your user has priviledges to create tables in the DB.
    3. Try restarting (?)

• seanrock 240 posts 461 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 09:57
    seanrock

@MeniroDev

doooh! forgot to give db login permissions on the database - school boy error lol.

Sorted. Thanks!

• pat 124 posts 346 karma points
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 15:56
    pat

I am having same problem. installation stuck on 35% of database step. but I can see web config file already setup connection string .

I haven't use MS webplatform to install , I have just copy the folder to and set up iis site ans created blank database then browser to site Install screen auto came out .

I have make sure db user got access to database and is a public user.

what did I missed ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft