Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Salter 17 posts 47 karma points
    May 13, 2011 @ 05:52
    Tim Salter

Problem after installing Umbraco to Arvixe

I was able to install Umbraco to Arvixe, my web host just fine. However, when I try to setup my site and login as admin, it is displaying just 4 buttons, a Content header with a bunch of white space below, and a Sections header with a few smal boxes below it. When I try to click one of the buttons, nothing happens. The buttons are Create; About; Help and Logout:Admin. There is also a Search box that is inactive as well. ANy thoughts. And yes, I am an Umbraco virgin. But I am willing to learn. Thanks for any help you can give.

Tim

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 13, 2011 @ 08:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tim

That sounds like a permission issue to me...are you sure that the host has full support for Umbraco?

Do you know if they offer full trust or medium trust? If the provide medium trust you need to modify some settings in the web.config.

I think you should try to contact them to find out what they support and if the proper permissions have been set on the umbraco root folder.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• FlorianArvixe 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 13, 2011 @ 23:07
    FlorianArvixe

Hello Tim,

If you could provide me with a support ticket ID (a support ticket is easily created by emailing support .at. arvixe.com) or your billing username, Feel free to email me this information: florian .at. arvixe.com and I will make sure that a senior admin handles this issue promptly.

Arvixe hosting environments  are designed to fully support Umbraco.

Regards,

Florian Mettetal
    Director of Sales and Marketing | Arvixe Web Hosting LLC

• Billy Koch 12 posts 33 karma points
    May 16, 2011 @ 19:47
    Billy Koch

I currently host with Arvixe and I have no issues - I have a few Umbraco sites on their hosting plans.  They have been one of the best hosting companies for Umbraco based sites I have come across and I know some others here from the U.S. also use them for hosting.

• Billy Koch 12 posts 33 karma points
    May 16, 2011 @ 19:48
    Billy Koch

Also one more thing - what browser are you using?  

• Tim Salter 17 posts 47 karma points
    May 17, 2011 @ 02:42
    Tim Salter

@Billy - IE9

@Jan - Thank you. I will check with Arvixe

@Florian - I will submit a ticket and email to you.

I appreciate the response from each of you in such a short time. Very Nice

Tim

• Nadjib Bait 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 01, 2011 @ 19:34
    Nadjib Bait

Hello Tim. I've got the same issue with Arvixe. How did you manage to fix it? Thank you.

• FlorianArvixe 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 01, 2011 @ 21:44
    FlorianArvixe

Hello,

The solution to this issue was outlined here:
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/14217-installing-452-on-a-shared-IIS-7-NET-40-host-problems?p=2

Basically, in the web.config file debug=false needs to be changed to debug=true .

Doing so causes a number of non-optimal things to happen including:
    1) The compilation of ASP.NET pages takes longer (since some batch optimizations are disabled)
    2) Code can execute slower (since some additional debug paths are enabled)
    3) Much more memory is used within the application at runtime
    4) Scripts and images downloaded from the WebResources.axd handler are not cached

Some other things I would suggest trying are:
    1) Reinstalling the application manually.
    2) Downloading the original application and altering the original web.config to include the database connection info under appSettings tag and then uploading that over the current web.config .

If you continue to have issues I would recommend creating a support ticket by emailing support .at. arvixe.com , and referencing that you tried the solution provided in ticket #LNT-687-75474 without any resolution.

Regards,

Florian Mettetal
    Director of Sales and Marketing | Arvixe Web Hosting LLC

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft