Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean 6 posts 26 karma points
    May 15, 2011 @ 19:59
    Sean

Complete Umbraco Documentation / Manual?

Hi all,

Is there somewhere that I could get a complete developers guide to Umbraco? I've been searching the site and maybe I've missed it, but I am unable to locate a comprehensive document / manual that would show me how to start working with Umbraco, using XSLT / Macros within Umbraco to create content, how it all works and fits together etc. etc. The only thing I can find is the wiki guide with many links for various subtopics etc. I would love to print out a fully informative PDF doc on using and developing with Umbraco.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Sean.

• Peter Holmsgaard 69 posts 106 karma points
    May 15, 2011 @ 21:34
    Peter Holmsgaard

Hi Sean,

Try: http://umbraco.com/help-and-support - here you can find some nice video tutorials.. and if Im not mistaking, I think someone in the community wrote a manual once, just cant remember where to find it :)

But if you watch the beginner-videos, you're set to go..

/Peter

• Aditya.A 77 posts 96 karma points
    May 16, 2011 @ 07:39
    Aditya.A

Hi that does't really help those videos are all samples.They generallu endup in the middle of the topic and the same with help and support.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 16, 2011 @ 08:50
    Richard Soeteman

+1 for Umbraco.tv. start with the intro video's then you don't ene up in the middle of a topic because they explain the basics. You can also buy the User manual which is released last week http://www.amazon.com/Umbraco-Users-Guide-Nik-Wahlberg/dp/0470560827

Cheers,

Richard

May 17, 2011 @ 16:00
    Sean

Thats awesome guys, thanks for the info. I will order that manual from Amazon today! :-)

Has anyone had a chance to read it?

Sean.

May 17, 2011 @ 16:15
    Sean

*** Just a quick question on the Umbraco Manual.*** Amazon's site says it will be available on May 24. Is there anyway to get it sooner? :-D

Thanks!
    Sean.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 17, 2011 @ 19:29
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Sean,

It's brand new so I don't think you can get it sooner and we are all waiting for it so didn't read it either.

Cheers,

Richard

• Sean 64 posts 116 karma points
    May 20, 2011 @ 02:03
    Sean

Hi Richard, just a bit of further news....I was able to get my Umbraco Manual from www.chapters.ca, they have them in stock. It should be here either Friday or Monday. :-)

Cheers,
    Sean.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft