Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ruben Marquardt 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 19, 2011 @ 03:16
    Ruben Marquardt

Problem installing Umbraco with Webmatrix

Hi, Im having a problem installing unbraco with Webmatrix(webdeploy).

Can anyone help me? my site is newgroup-bn.com

Im having these errors:

Error running Reader: 
    SQL Statement:
    select id, domainName from umbracoDomains

Exception:
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The specified table does not exist. [ umbracoDomains ]
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CompileQueryPlan()
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
      at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeProviderException: Error running Reader: 
    SQL Statement:
    select id, domainName from umbracoDomains

Exception:
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The specified table does not exist. [ umbracoDomains ]
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CompileQueryPlan()
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
      at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)

• Kevin Farrugia 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 23, 2011 @ 15:09
    Kevin Farrugia

I have the exact same error, using SQLCE.

If you manage to find a solution, kindly notify me please.

Thank you

Kevin

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 13:09
    Drew

Looks like the installation has failed for some reason while creating the database.

1) Clear down the database tables
    2) Check that you login user has full Owner access rights to be able to create tables, etc.
    3) Try again by visiting your umbraco site again, it should prompt you to start the installation process again

If all else fails, start again from scratch OR don'se use WebMatrix - download the latest Umbraco (4.7) installation files and install it that way.

I'll be honest, I had quite a lot of trouble using WebMatrix to set up Umbraco - I spent a good week every evening messing around with it. In the end I just downloaded the Umbraco files myself and did a standard install (just like you would with Wordpress - it's very simple).

I think webmatrix is a little buggy tbh.

• Ruben Marquardt 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 27, 2011 @ 13:03
    Ruben Marquardt

Hi, problem resolved. Probably the problem was the use with the Web Deploy. For any reason when I did the deploy, some folders at my hosting was corrupted or has some problem with permissions, so was a failure installation who corrupted the hosting. What I did, was to talk to my ISP hosting, to modify the folders permissions and then I use the install web part of my hosting, then I use the ftp to change it. I think that I dont want to use anymore the web deploy until  works fine.

Thanks and bye

• tentonipete 78 posts 223 karma points
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 22:45
    tentonipete

when i had this error it was because webmatrix had added a connectionstring for my newly "migrated" db but not updated the umbracoDbDSN app setting in web.config.

• Chris Beaumont 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 14, 2012 @ 04:30
    Chris Beaumont

When I had this error Web Matrix had not copied the Umbraco.sdf file up to the site. I stopped the web server, then copied the CE database up and it was all fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft