Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 248 karma points
    May 19, 2011 @ 21:33
    Jennifer Killingsworth

upgrade umbraco 4.7 - template error

After upgrading to Umbraco 4.7 - when I click on my templates to view them I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.settings.editTemplate.LoadScriptingTemplates() +471
       umbraco.cms.presentation.settings.editTemplate.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +951
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +18
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Everything else appears to be working fine ... still testing.  Any ideas how to fix?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2011 @ 23:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jennifer

What version of Umbraco did you upgrade from? And what steps did you take to do the upgrade?

/Jan

May 20, 2011 @ 13:33
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I upgraded from 4.6.1.  I followed the upgrade instructions: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/62573

May 23, 2011 @ 13:49
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I've run comparisons with the 4.7 build and still don't see where I went wrong with the upgrade.  Does anyone know what I might have missed?  Otherwise, I'm going to have to scrap this and start all over again.

• Justin Moore 41 posts 100 karma points
    May 31, 2011 @ 11:14
    Justin Moore

are you sure you've upgraded umbraco and umbraco_client folders?

I had this error and that was the problem for me.

May 31, 2011 @ 19:38
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I just started over from scratch.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft