Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Haahr 26 posts 31 karma points
    May 23, 2011 @ 11:31
    Anders Haahr

Installing a local package

I need some functionality to clean out revision history, and I found a package for it, http://our.umbraco.org/projects/falm-housekeeping.

How do I install this?

In the developer section I can only see functionality for creating packages...

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    May 23, 2011 @ 11:37
    Rich Green

There should be a node named "Install local package"

Rich

May 23, 2011 @ 11:46
    Anders Haahr

Hmm :)

Any known issues with this in Umbraco Umbraco 4.7.0?

I do not have any nodes at all below packages. Even the one I created myself (since right clicking packages and choosing was my only option) does not show...

The other nodes in the developer section works fine. I can see child nodes below "Cache Browser", "Data types", "Macros" and XSLT files. The Packages and scripting files nodes are empty in my client...

May 23, 2011 @ 12:07
    Anders Haahr

Ok. Sorry for asking the latter question before googling. The application pool user needs permissions on the windows temp folder. This solution do not work in the long run. Imho Umbraco needs to create it's own temp folder some place below the site root, and it also should pop up some message telling there's a permission problem instead of failing silently.

Practically this means that I can not publish packages directly on some production site on a cheap hosting provider because I can not get my favorite cheap hosting provider to assign access permissions for anything out of the site's root.

Anyway, thanks to Rich for the reply that led me on track, and I will find out where to post the change suggestion later.

May 23, 2011 @ 12:10
    Anders Haahr

The windows temp folder is NOT made for websites. It is not and will never be a best practice for a site to access that folder. It is for windows' own functionality and in some cases for windows apps. NOT for websites...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft