Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 12:37
    Tommy Albinsson

Error getting package repositories when installing umbraco 4.7

Hello,

I am currently trying to install umbraco on my local machine. I have done this many times before and have never had a problem with it. But after getting at new computer at work a problem started do appear. When installing umbraco and when getting to the "skinning" step i always get unable to load package repository.

Umbraco ofcourse gets installed anyway, but when i am trying to open the "packages" in umbraco backend nothing happens. This means that i can't install any packages at the moment.

I have reinstalled umbraco several times, and i have shut down the internal firewall but i still get the same problem.

Any ides?

Cheers, Tommy.

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    May 30, 2011 @ 12:51
    Tommy Albinsson

Hello,

No one who has encountered this problem before? The firewall is shutoff but i always get "Oops...the installer can't connect to the repository" everytime i get to the skinning section. If i continue anyway i can't access the "packages" node in the backend. Nothing shows up at all.Even the membersection does not seem to work correctly.

• Ralph van Vugt 57 posts 101 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 09:18
    Ralph van Vugt

Hi,

I have the same problem as Tommy described above. Anyone found a solution for this problem?

Regards,
    Ralph

Found the answer here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/21529-Fresh-Installation-Unable-to-install-packages

C:\windows\temp didn't had the right permissions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft