Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• gilpt 33 posts 53 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 21:41
    gilpt

hi I'm new to Umbraco

i want to know ...

i have an asp.net website, and i want to use umbraco CMS ,

as far as I understood i should rebuild all the aspx pages i have in order to have them editable ...

i mean rebuild them in templates and approriate document types , and fill the editable data in some  data types

and then recreate the pages in the content section ...

is that correct

thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 24, 2011 @ 23:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gilpt

Hmmm...I guess that depends...

Is the ASP.NET based website you want to convert to Umbraco based on another CMS?

No matter what I suppose you have the data for the pages structured in a database somehow, right? Then you could perhaps benefit from using the CMS import package to import/map the content into the document types you create in Umbraco.

In regards to templates yes, you would need to recreate them but you can probably copy/paste a lot of the existing HTML I guess.

But as mentioned for the content section you could possibly use CMS import.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 24, 2011 @ 23:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Glipt

I just realised you have created the same post 3 times. I have taken the liberty to remove the other posts since they're still unaswered.

Please don't double post if you can avoid it. (I know our is sometimes acting up making it impossible to post etc).

I have taken the liberty to change the title of this post so it corresponds to the title of your two other posts.

And welcome to the forums by the way :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft