Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 06:42
    Ben

Multiple sites - internal dev and internal & external production servers

Hi - I'm pretty new to Umbraco and CMS in general, so apologies if I'm asking a dumb question!

Can anyone tell me if it's a) possible and b) relatively straightforward, to setup a sigle instance of Umbraco to run website and intranet sites on and push dev / test content out to different production servers? E.g. intranet production servers would be hosted inside the company's network and web production servers would be hosted externally, by a third party?

Thanks!

Ben

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 15:43
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

I think the best way is to use one umbraco installation for each site that you are planning to develop.

• Ben 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 22:08
    Ben

Thanks - The websites are all going to be part of a group - e.g. there will be a landing page that will allow users to navigate to any of the sub-sites, with all sites having common stylesheets / templates. I would prefer to keep the websites in the same instance of Umbraco for that.

I had envisaged that a single dev / test environment could support all the sites and push to separate prod environments (e.g. one for web, one for intranet).

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 23:26
    Daniel Bardi

This will be possible with Courier 2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft