Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Johnston 59 posts 111 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 13:47
    Mark Johnston

Issues with editing items on live site

I just FTP'ed my site to the production server for the first time (had to also move some files due to MVC that weren't in the bin) and I am unable to make changes to items like templates with an error ballow showing in the bottom right corner saying:

"Template not saved. Please make sure that you do not have 2 templates with the same alias"

Has anybody got any pointers on what this may be, as it occurs when trying to saved any edited item just freshly uploaded to the prod server?

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 15:22
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

I encountered this error also when I upload our site to another server. I just reset the folder permission, reset iis and then everything was working again.

• Mark Johnston 59 posts 111 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 15:31
    Mark Johnston

Its shared hosting enviroment I can't restart IIS :( Also don't know how to reset permissions on a shared hosting enviroment site. :(

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    May 26, 2011 @ 15:39
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

maybe this can help

http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postsm39382_Template-not-saved-Please-make-sure-that-you-do-not-have-2-templates-with-the-same-alias.aspx

Is it not possible to request that to your hosting provider? (reset folder permission)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft