Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris cameron 36 posts 56 karma points
    May 28, 2011 @ 07:18
    chris cameron

At my wits end........heeelllpp!

Fresh install of umbraco using web installer thingy. Spent the day entering content and setting site up. Had to do a restart on my machine, turns out the localhost address i was accessing the site through was not one set up in iis but in something else that web installer ran after it had installed umbraco.

Thats ok goto iis set up the default web site to point to umbraco dir, set up network service and iis_usr permissions on ALL folders and files with full rights. Switched app pool in iis to ASP 4.0

when ever I try to run my site now I get a failed to map path "/" message.

what now?

• chris cameron 36 posts 56 karma points
    May 28, 2011 @ 07:44
    chris cameron

OK i blew away allth existing files except web.config, copied over fresh download of all files except web config. tried to run, but no luck, i now received multiple protocols message, although the back end did run the front would not. So blew away all the new files and copied back over the old files. It suddenly all worked both back end and front end. Or so I thought. I have just gone to developers>packages to uninstall any added packages in case they are causing the issue and the packages dir has nothing in it. Nothing at all. the other dir have all the files, the packages nothing.

now I am more confused

• TaoistTotty 246 posts 314 karma points
    May 28, 2011 @ 11:52
    TaoistTotty

Chris

Have you kept your 'old' config files from the AppData folder?

As far as I am aware this is where the information about installed packages is stored.

Regards

TT

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft