Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick 10 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2011 @ 17:18
    Patrick

How to disable Examine

Hi,

Is there a setting that I can disable the Examine module? Because the site has >10000 pages and I don't need the search in backend, I want to disable the Examine indexing so that I can optimze as much as possible. Is it enough to remove the ExamineIndexProviders and ExamineSearchProviders in ExamineSettings.config?

Thanks!!

• Wojciech Tengler 95 posts 198 karma points
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 11:34
    Wojciech Tengler

I have the same problem.

• Dalvin Tavarez 3 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 16, 2015 @ 18:04
    Dalvin Tavarez

To deactivate examine in umbraco

Just go to web.config and comment the two references to examine in the configSections.

Problem solve.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Sep 16, 2015 @ 20:04
    Shannon Deminick

You should certainly not disable Examine. Examine is the media cache, if you disable it then you media will be ultra slow and consume a bunch of memory. This question has been previously asked, you can read about it here:
    https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/20999-Disable-Lucene-Examine

Examine/Lucene is not going to slow your site down. Once the indexes are built, they will stay up to date with your data, you don't have to do anything else. The only time your site could be affected by performance from Examine/Lucene is if you have tons of indexes and have some N+1 logic for custom event handlers when writing to the indexes and you are publishing all of the time.

It's also worth noting that the latest versions of Examine and the Umbraco core are better optimized and reliable for Lucene/Examine than older versions.

• Crema Developers 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 22, 2020 @ 09:27
    Crema Developers

Hi,

I am using umbraco 8.9, I can not find examine in my installation or in web.config But when I restart my site I wat for 10-20 minutes for site to begin. In log files there are thousands of same errors like this:

@MessageTemplate Cannot index queue items, the index is currently locked SourceContext Umbraco.Examine.UmbracoMemberIndex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft