Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SalesCrusade 9 posts 30 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 01:10
    SalesCrusade

Build error in release mode

I'm using Visual Studio 2010. When I build the application in the release mode, I get the following error:

Error    4365    Could not load file or assembly 'file:///...\Umbraco 4.7\foreign dlls\ClientDependency.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)    C:\...\Umbraco 4.7\umbraco\presentation\SGEN    umbraco.presentation

I'm not getting this error in the debug mode. Any help appreciated.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 09:48
    Dirk De Grave

SalesCrusade,

Are you building the umbraco application? If so, why? Do you have any reason to do so? You don't need to build the umbraco application to use it! You can just install umbraco on your system without the need to build it from source.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jun 06, 2011 @ 13:15
    SalesCrusade

Yes. I'm building the Umbraco application as part of the publish website option in the Visual Studio. Also I want to make sure it does not have any errors. I got some 4500 warnings because the code does not have any comments which is okay. But I want this error to be resolved. Without this I can't publish just the important dlls to the server.

Jun 07, 2011 @ 05:26
    SalesCrusade

If I have 'Generate Serialization Assembly' set to On and the .net set to 4.0 I get this error. I dont get the error when I have the .net set to 3.5. If I run the Umbraco under 4.0 I have to turn the Generate Serialization Assembly to Off.

Doesn't Umbraco run under .net 4.0?

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Jun 07, 2011 @ 08:50
    Jesper Hauge

Hi SalesCrusade,

Does Umbraco run under .NET 4.0? I depends on which version you're building, from v4.5.2 onwards it runs on 4.0, from 4.7.0 it runs exclusively on 4.0.

I'd second Dirk and say: You don't need to build the entire Umbraco application. If what you need is to be able to develop your on web-app based on Umbraco, which is what I spend most of my time doing, I'd just create a new asp.net web-application in vs2010, then copy the files from an umbraco install into the web-application, and reference the dll's and then develop you own masterpages, usercontrols and classes in your web application. If you point a IIS website to the folder of you web-applikation you can run and debug your application as you develop it.

Biggest hickup in this setup is that when you create masterpages in Umbraco, as you need them, they will be created without code-behinds, so I usually create my masterpages first in VS2010, then create them in Umbraco while I have them open in VS2010, and then save again in vs2010, after creating them in Umbraco, to avoid them being overwritten.

Regards
    Jesper Hauge

Jun 07, 2011 @ 13:45
    SalesCrusade

Jesper, what you are doing is creating the views for the application. I'm little deeper into the other parts of the application and want to make changes there. For that I should be able to build a release version.

The issue that I'm facing may be related to my machine itself. It may not able to locate the SGEN application which I'm looking at right now.

Jun 08, 2011 @ 03:26
    SalesCrusade

I have finally found a solution to this problem.

The SGEN is a utility being used to generate the serialization assemblies. This application needs permission to access the dlls in the bin folder. I use windows 7, and since the dlls came from the web, I had to 'unblock' the dlls. To do this, right click the dll and under the general tab there is section for security. Click the unblock to dlls.

• Chris Randle 67 posts 181 karma points c-trib
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 15:58
    Chris Randle

I've had the same problem, and can confirm that this fix works! Thank you so much.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft