Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• matthewatkins 22 posts 42 karma points
    Jun 07, 2011 @ 17:57
    matthewatkins

RequestValidationMode Error

Does anyone know how to fix the following error?

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 07, 2011 @ 18:29
    Warren Buckley

Hi Matthew,
    OK the problem is moste likely to do with that you are running ASP.NET Version 2, where the web.config is probably setup/geared towards running on ASP.NET 4.

I hope this helps.

Anymore questions please let me know.
    Warren :)

Jun 07, 2011 @ 18:31
    matthewatkins

Ok. I'm a complete novice to ASP.NET and Umbraco. I normally work with PHP and a LAMP stack. Could you point me in the right direction of getting this fixed?

Jun 07, 2011 @ 18:35
    Warren Buckley

I recommend you install a new Umbraco clean instance using Microsoft's WebMatric tool. As when installing and setting up Umbraco, it will install any depenedcies needed like SQL Express and Update your ASP.NET version to 4 as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/umbraco.aspx

Once you have set this up, then you will probably have alot easier time setting up an already existing site.
    Warren :)

Jun 07, 2011 @ 18:38
    matthewatkins

Yeah. I've actually tried that as well already.

I have asp.net v4 installed and sql express. but when I try to use v4, I don't even get an error, just a blank screen that says it can't connect.

Jun 07, 2011 @ 18:42
    Warren Buckley

When you tried installing with WebMatrix. What problem/s did you have?

Well with the website you have setup, with the YSOD (Yellow Screen of Death error message) it shows that the particular site
    you are running is using V2 of ASP.NET

In IIS maybe change the Application Pool that is linked to the site in IIS, to use V4 of ASP.NET instead.

Jun 07, 2011 @ 18:59
    matthewatkins

I'm going to try the Webmatrix approach again. 

Jun 07, 2011 @ 19:27
    matthewatkins

Using Webmatrix, how do I set up my site using the database that already exists from my existing site?

Jun 07, 2011 @ 19:40
    Warren Buckley

Hi Matt,
    Like I mentioned before I would not recommend you setup your first Umbraco website with an existing database and instead rather start a fresh, to ensure your machine is all setup and configured to run & use Umbraco.

Once you know you can install Umbraco, then to run an Umbraco site that someone has already developed and sent you the files & datbase for.

It would be a matter of setting up a new site in IIS that points to the folder of files, with the correct permissions setup and modifying the web.config DB connection string to your own SQL DB connection string.

Any problems, just shout.

Jun 07, 2011 @ 20:28
    matthewatkins

Ok. I've gone through everything. I installed a clean/working version in Webmatrix. It worked. Now I went through and tried installing my archived site and I have the error shown in the image. Any idea how to fix this?

Jun 07, 2011 @ 20:55
    Warren Buckley

It seems that the web.config of the archived site your trying to setup might have been setup in an ASP.NET 3.5 configuration.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/12945-Error-

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10095-Umbraco-45-Dontnetpanel-Server-Error-systemwebextensions?p=1

Cheers,
    Warren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft