Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iwan 11 posts 30 karma points
    Jun 11, 2011 @ 06:00
    Iwan

Failed install skin from Starter Kit..

l've installed Umbraco successfull but I can not install skin from Starter Kit...

The message is:

Oops...the installer can't connect to the repository
    Starter Kits could not be fetched from the repository as there was no connection - which can occur if you are using a proxy server or firewall with certain configurations, or if you are not currently connected to the internet.
    Click Continue to complete the installation then navigate to the Developer section of your Umbraco installation where you will find the Starter Kits listed in the Packages tree.

I never change my repository, that's fresh from Umbraco Website.

Can anyone give me solution?

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Jun 11, 2011 @ 10:21
    Jonny Irwin

As it suggests, are you able to connect to the repository by installing packages through the developer section?  Doing this may help to see whether it is an issue with the installer or a wider issue.

• MHH311 23 posts 43 karma points
    Jun 11, 2011 @ 22:58
    MHH311

I am having the same issue.  However, this is the strange part. I have 2 websites running with Umbraco and the first web site I installed can access the Starter Skins but the 2nd web site I just setup is getting the same message you are describing. Everything else with the install went as planned.  Any tips of what could be causin this would be awesome. TIA.

Jun 11, 2011 @ 23:17
    MHH311

Well, I just fixed my setup and can now access the Skins but I dont know why it fixed it. Perhaps, this will help you.

As I said above, I just setup a 2nd site manually through IIS so I was accessing my site as http:\\MyUmbracoSite\Umbraco which my default was using port 80.

The site that would connect to the Skins properly was setup in MS WebMatrix so I decided to try and add my brand new site to WebMatrix as well. When it added it, it assigned my new site a URL of  http://localhost:45625.   I dont know how it came up with this URL for my new site that I was previously accessing via port 80, but when I tried to access the Skins via the Content page, it worked! 

Not sure if this will help your out or not but if you manually setup your site like I did, this might help. Good luck.

• Iwan 11 posts 30 karma points
    Jun 12, 2011 @ 07:04
    Iwan

I installed Umbraco with manual installation, not web matrix...so i don't do such as you...

It's so strange for me...

I also try it in developer site but still not work....what should I do?

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Jun 12, 2011 @ 09:25
    jivan thapa

Hi, Iwan

make sure you have internet connection to install starter kit.

Jun 12, 2011 @ 17:39
    MHH311

Iwan,

Initially, I installed Umbraco manually as well and I experienced the same issue. Once, I went into Web Matrix and added my site that I manually installed via NEW SITE-> SITE FROM FOLDER, web matrix created a URL to the site that allowed me to access the skins properly.  Just wanted to clarify that it sounds like we started out on the same path but Web Matrix seemed to help me get access to the skins.

• Andrew Webb 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 17:00
    Andrew Webb

The problem is that Umbraco (4.7.1 in my case) is not set up by default to pass through your company's proxy server.  This is a very common problem in .NET apps, and the solution is unfortunately very little known.  But the solution is simple.

Do this:-

1)      Locate the folder on your hard disc that holds your Umbraco website.
    2)      Locate the “web.config” file and open it in a decent text editor (e.g. Notepad++)
    3)      Insert the following line immediately underneath the <system.net> line:-
        <defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" />
    4)      Save and close the web.config file.
    5)      Close and reopen WebMatrix, or whatever environment you are using.
    6)      Launch Umbraco website, go to “Developer”, then “Packages”, then “Install Starter Kit”
    7)      Observe that it now works.

To be clear:-

BEFORE

<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp>

<network host="127.0.0.1" userName="username" password="password" />

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net>

AFTER

<system.net>

<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" />

<mailSettings>

<smtp>

<network host="127.0.0.1" userName="username" password="password" />

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net>

I will report this as a shortcoming to the Umbraco team.

Andrew

• Rory 59 posts 84 karma points
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 18:35
    Rory

I had a similar problem with my clean install on Win7. I solved it by using the bat file created from this post:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line 

Apparently it was a permissions issue.

• SC Digital Services Team 104 posts 171 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 12:15
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft