Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 14:21
    Rajeev

Umbraco Installation as a website under root or in a virtual directory?

I have started playing around with umbraco Version 4.7 and  I have succeeded in installing through Web Platform installer as well as manual Install without any issues following the documentation available in wiki.

I was also able to install umbraco as a website under root in IIS as well as in a virtual directory.

In some of the earlier posts I have read that umbraco (earler verisons not sure about this version) is designed to work as a website under root.

Could you please elaborate what are the pros and cons of installing umbraco under a virtual directory?

For e.g:  If I install umbraco as a virtual directory installation for development and as a website under root in IIS for production, will there be any problems for packaging and deployment?

Thanks in advance,

Rajeev

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Jun 15, 2011 @ 13:22
    Rajeev

While playing around umbraco installation in the virtual directory under a website, one thing I noticed is that I cannot pick the home node through content picker for redirecting to home with special property umbracoRedirect because it is pointing to "/" which is the root website. Can this be configured anywhere?

Redirection will work with "umbracoInternalRedirectId"

Can anyone point out the other major issues if we are installing umbraco site in a virtual directory of a website?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft