Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Brookins 4 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 15, 2011 @ 23:07
    Eric Brookins

Manual Installation of Umbraco 4.7.0.378 in Windows 2003 (x64)

I have been attempting to manually install Umbraco on a Windows Server 2003 (x64) machine, and I am running into some issues.  I initially tried to use the Microsoft Web Platform Installer, but that wouldn't recognize my SQL Server installation so i switched to the manual process.  I have copied all of the Umbraco files into a directory, created the database,  created a new web site in IIS that points to this directory and configured the web site to use ASP.NET 4.0.  

The next step (according to other manual installation guides I have found) is to just go the new site (we'll call it http://test.umbraco.com) and I should be led through an installation process which I assume creates the user accounts and tables in the database.  However when I go to that URL, I receive a server error with the message "Invalid object name 'umbracoDomains'.".  Makes sense as there are not yet any tables in the database I have created.  I have verifed that the connection string I am using in the web.config file is correct, so I am kind of at a loss to figure out what the problem is.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 07:39
    Rajeev

I have tried the manual install on windows 7 with IIS 7 and Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0 and it was very straight foreward as I am new to umbraco. I didn't face any issues.I am not getting any pointers from your error message.

Check this guide : http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/how-to-install-umbraco-on-windows-server-2008

Especially check the permission section for windows 2003.

Thanks,

Rajeev

• Eric Brookins 4 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 16:02
    Eric Brookins

Rajeev,

Thank you very much for your help.  I deleted the contents of my web directory, recopied the Umbraco files, recreated the database and ensured that I had the permissions for the database and file system that were specified in the URL you provided.  It looks like everything is working fine now.  

Thanks, again.

Eric

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 13:20
    Rajeev

Eric,

Glad to know it helped you.

It was helpful for me too. :)

Thanks,

Rajeev

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: