Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 15:31
    Pinal Bhatt

Installing Umbraco 5.0 CTP

Tried to install it but facing one issue. During installation steps, after creating database(step3) it directly goes to step-5 for starter kit skipping step-4 for creating admin user. Also on step-5 we don't get option to select any starter kit.

Ultimately i dont have admin user. how can i login next time?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 15:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Pinal,

You are not the only one experiencing this.
    I tried
    to install Umbraco version 5 yesterday locally and experienced the exact same scenario as you do.

But I did not find a solution. Tried in different browsers

/Dennis

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 15:51
    Pinal Bhatt

I tried for two browsers IE9 and FF4 and same in both the cases.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 15:56
    Dennis Aaen

I tried for two browsers IE8 and FF4 and same in both the cases.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 16:07
    Stefan Kip

That's because it's a CTP.

The default login for v5 CTP is: admin/test :-)

• Alex Norcliffe 222 posts 287 karma points
    Jun 17, 2011 @ 01:14
    Alex Norcliffe

Hi all, there's no user management in the CTP. The admin user is admin/test as mentioned. Sorry for the confusion, I should have put it on the CTP download page!

• Mattias 52 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 17, 2011 @ 15:48
    Mattias

I have managed to startup and install umbraco5 but i have no content tree in any section.

I read that "You'll need to create an /umbraco/scripts folder" on codeplex, but if i create a folder called umbraco in the root of mvc i cant load the umbraco cms ui since mvc recognice umbraco as a folder and my site is not setup for allowing listing of folder files. Where am i suppose to create the /umbraco/scripts folder ? This is all on running on SqlCe database.

When installing with a SQL database im forced to the install routines every time i try to load the umbraco cms ui. The startpage works fine and i have data in my database but i cannot load the cms ui.

Shannon Deminick offered to help me out last night, but i guess he got a bit to much to drink ;) since i couldent find him today to get my v5 support.
    But cheers from the man in the cowboy hat ;)

• Casper Stendal 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jun 18, 2011 @ 00:17
    Casper Stendal

Trying to install the latest v5, but getting a 404 error while navigating to http://localhost/install. And the same if i run through Visual Studio (http://localhost:6146/20110615-0031-JupiterWebApp/install). Any ideas?

I'm running Win7 64bit, IIS 7.5 with .NET 4.0 Classic Pipeline and I've installed the latest MVC 3 updates.

Best regards

Casper 

• Alex Norcliffe 222 posts 287 karma points
    Jun 19, 2011 @ 11:57
    Alex Norcliffe

@Mattias I've not seen anyone get blank trees in any of the backoffice sections. Would you mind doing the following for me? Please clear out your /App_Data/Umbraco/Logs folder, then restart the app pool, log in etc. and browse to the sections where you're not getting any trees, and then email the /App_Data/Umbraco/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt file to alex at umbraco dot org - thanks!

@Casper You need to run in Integrated Pipeline, not Classic - give that a try and let us know how you get on. Also, that second link you posted won't work (or at least, we haven't done any specific virtual directory testing yet in the CTP, so your mileage may vary). If you're using 64-bit Win7 and want to use SqlCe, make sure to set the IIS app pool to allow 32-bit apps.

Cheers

Alex

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jun 19, 2011 @ 12:33
    Peter Dijksterhuis

@Capser

I think you need to go to localhost/umbraco instead of /install

Peter

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2011 @ 13:19
    Steen Tøttrup

Nope, Casper is right, when intially running the CTP, it needs to install (create the tables in the database etc.), so initially you should go to /install as with any other new Umbraco site.

I actually had a buddy of mine that got empty trees when he installed it, I'll ask him if he still has the problem or what he did to solve it.

I've had no issues with getting the CTP to work.

regards,Steen

• Casper Stendal 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jun 19, 2011 @ 13:36
    Casper Stendal

Thanks for your replies.

I've swiched to integrated pipeline and have allready 32 bit applications activated - but still no success (404 error), when calling localhost/install.

I've just downloaded the project from codeplex, and pointet my IIS to the unzipped project folder. Maybe I've missed something?

Thanks.

Best regards
    Casper

Jun 19, 2011 @ 16:01
    Mattias

@Alex Norcliffe : tried to restart the pool wich i have done before and no success, have sent you a email with the trace log.

• Alan Mitchell 57 posts 281 karma points c-trib
    Jun 20, 2011 @ 17:37
    Alan Mitchell

I have empty trees too!

I had no problem with the install script, and I can see the configured database with contents. I have tried both a SQL Azure database and a local SQL CE setup. However if you go to the admin screens everything is blank - no trees or dashboard.  If you go to the main web pages, I get this error ...

Item was retrieved from nh-replace-this.Path: root://root/10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001|content://nh-replace-this/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000001048;

Runway gives you a bare-bones website that introduces you to a set of well-defined conventions for building an umbraco website.

The Runway website is very simple in form and provided without any design or functionality. By installing Runway, you’ll begin with a minimal site built on best practices. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of speaking the same “language” as the rest of the umbraco community by using common properties and naming conventions.

Now that you know what Runway is, it is time to get started using Runway.

Parent retrieved from the ContentNode

Parent node name: (No name), of type: System doctype: Root contains no attributes.

Parent retrieved from the DynamicNode

Parent node name: (No name), of type: System doctype: Root contains no attributes.

Child content retrieved from the ContentNode

Child node name: Installing runway modules, of type Runway Text Page.

Child node name: Go further, of type Runway Text Page.

Child node name: Getting started, of type Runway Text Page.

Child node name: Faq, of type Faq.

Child node name: Contact, of type Runway Text Page.

Child node name: Latest from the Umbraco Blog, of type Runway Text Page.

Child node name: A no template content node, of type Runway Text Page.

Child node name: A no template content node, of type Runway Text Page.

etc. ... 

Jun 20, 2011 @ 20:20
    Steen Tøttrup

That doesn't look like an error. The main page (front-end) look like you describe. The fact that you get something in front-end should mean that there's actually something in the database, not just the tables, but actual content.

Any interesting text in the /App_Data/Logs folder? Some exceptions?

• Alan Mitchell 57 posts 281 karma points c-trib
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 12:02
    Alan Mitchell

Thanks for your response Steen!

You are right, the front end is not an error, it just has no content.

What threw me is that the admin was falling over too.  But I found the error - Internet Explorer 9, there are some javascript issues that break the trees and the control panel thereafter...  Works fine in Chrome.

Now I have a local build happily talking to an Azure database.  Next step is to push the whole app up to the cloud ...

• Dennis Spijkerboer 53 posts 95 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:09
    Dennis Spijkerboer

I've tried to install the CTP twice. 

The first computer gave a 404 page at the site/install. (the root showed a blank page)

At my second try I was able to install, if I navigate to the root to the site the website displays (umbraco logo, home link, about link), navigation works, so it looks fine. But if I navigate to site/Umbraco I'll get redirected to site/install again. I can install Umbraco "again" but that doesn't fix it.
    (The IIS user has full rights on the folders.)

Any ideas?

Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:19
    Mattias

@Dennis Spijkerboer: Im guessing you have made a mssql database installation ?

I have never actually made it work my self with that option, only thing i have gotten to work is with sqlce option. When installing with mssql i get through the install without errors but i got no data in my database only the tables but no data. And the first page dont show the generic stuff:

tem was retrieved from nh-replace-this.Path: 
    root://root/10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001|content://nh-replace-this/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000001048; etc.
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:26
    Steen Tøttrup

@Mattias and you clicked the "Dev data" button that will show up after the database installation is done?

@Dennis You say the folders? How about the access on the web.config file ? No sure whether the CTP writes to that (I think the 4.x installation did).

• Dennis Spijkerboer 53 posts 95 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:26
    Dennis Spijkerboer

Your right! It works with sqlce. Thanks!

@Steen Tøttrup, I've applied the rights to all the folders and files (as I always did with 4.5.x) 

Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:29
    Mattias

@Steen Tøttrup: Yes i have done that for both mssql and sqlce but my mssql only got table structure but no data and everytime i try to go to the umbraco ui i end up in installation if i try install with mssql.

• KShetty 2 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 07, 2011 @ 05:33
    KShetty

Could someone please increase the session time out!
    It's another pain to lose the post after going through pains to make a well defined error post with screen shots, etc., due to timeouts. (Hope someone understands!)

Anyway, my lament is with the starter kit. Let me put it short this time, before it time's out!

I have tried EVERYTHING in this post, but still get no starter kit option:

The exception in the logs are:
    2011-08-07 13:00:22,598 [7] ERROR NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator [(null)] - could not complete schema validation
    NHibernate.HibernateException: Missing table: AttributeDateValue
       at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.ValidateSchema(Dialect dialect, DatabaseMetadata databaseMetadata) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Cfg\Configuration.cs:line 2391
       at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator.Validate() in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Tool\hbm2ddl\SchemaValidator.cs:line 110
    2011-08-07 13:00:22,624 [7] ERROR NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator [(null)] - could not complete schema validation
    NHibernate.HibernateException: Missing table: AttributeDateValue
       at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.ValidateSchema(Dialect dialect, DatabaseMetadata databaseMetadata) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Cfg\Configuration.cs:line 2391
       at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator.Validate() in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Tool\hbm2ddl\SchemaValidator.cs:line 110

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
    -Kaush.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft