Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• saintwright 69 posts 77 karma points
    Jun 18, 2011 @ 05:26
    saintwright

Help with installation issues...

Hi I have this strange problem and I want to know if I can safely move Umbraco files and folders in a sub-folder but still use the same DB. It gets a bit complicated!

On a client install of umbraco, everything was working fine until I tried to add a .NET usercontrol to the usercontrol folder (and the dll to the bin). The usecontrol does not appear in the macro dropdown. I have tried typing in the name of the usercontrol, /usercontrols/ProductsMenu.ascx, /ProductsMenu.ascx, umbraco/usercontrols/ProductsMenu.ascx

But I just keep geeing the following error:

User control doesn't exist

Please verify that you've copied the file to: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vhosts\mywebsite\ProductsMenu.ascx or C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vhosts\mywebsite\usercontrols\ProductsMenu.ascx or C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vhosts\mywebsite\umbraco\usercontrols\ProductsMenu.ascx

So I started to look into this and there are a few stranage issues.  The install was done by a server guy at the clients site (I cannot access the remote computer or database).  Originally the install was done in a sub folder called Umbraco - so to access the site you would have to go to test.mywebsite.com.au/umbraco/page1.aspx
    I got back to the client and said that Umbraco needs to be installed in the root (as per the install instructions) and that maybe they should do a clean install on a new test application.  So they created test2.mywebsite.com.au and now I can view the site via test2.mywebsite.com.au/page1.aspx - so all appears to be good. 
    Except the Umbraco files are still in a sub-folder called Umbraco - but the site works except for the usercontrol issue I mentioned above adn not being able to add in an UmbracoReservedPath in the config file.
    Any ideas on what is going on?
  • Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jun 18, 2011 @ 09:05
    Daniel Bardi

Verify the reserved paths in the web.config... they should begin with ~/ instead of /

Jun 18, 2011 @ 10:39
    saintwright

they do...

Jun 18, 2011 @ 10:40
    saintwright

they do...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft