Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 21:11
    John Hodgkinson

multi-site Umbraco upgrade

we have around 45 websites (I believe around 25k nodes) running under a single Umbraco 3.06 installation on a Windows 2003 Server. we're using SQL Server 2005 for our DB backend, we have around 10+ Visual Studio 2005 (.NET 2.x) projects containing proprietary commerce apps and forms, custom data types, dashboard components, editor controls, macro components, custom xslt extensions, etc that are integrated into our existing CMS.

we have a new web server running Windows 2008, IIS 7 and initially will be using the same SQL Server 2005 server (seperate/upgraded database while we port over). in a nutshell, what version of Umbraco should we be using to upgrade to, what do we need tools wise (Visual Studio 2008?) and where should we start (we have lots of templates and xslt - are there any tools for conversion to new Umbraco)? can our existing Visual Studio projects/components work or will we need to upgrade those as well with a new version of Visual Studio?

any help or suggestions are very, very much appreciated! many thanks in advance!

-JH

Jun 21, 2011 @ 21:31
    John Hodgkinson

also we have over 23k media files (over 4 GB) in our media section folders (over 9k sub-folders), will those still work or does anything special need to be done with those in order to use the files/maintain the existing references/links? again, many thanks in advance!

also, sounds like Visual Studio 2010 can be used. is that correct? just want to make sure we're getting all the required software. again, many thanks!

Jul 06, 2011 @ 14:06
    John Hodgkinson

can anyone provide any help or assistance or this? many thanks in advance.

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Sep 09, 2011 @ 14:40
    Craig Cronin

Hi John.  Sorry I've had to use this post because I have been trying to track you down and would really like to ask you about a posting that you uploaded about 2 years ago.  Can you contact me on craig.cronin at bcs.org.uk

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft