Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mortezasoft 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:18
    mortezasoft

what is default username and password?

Hi everybody,

I am new to Umbraco. I just downloded latest version (4.7.0) source code form codplex and opened it whith VS 2010.

When I run the project, It goes to login page! what is user & password? or may be I am wrong?

Please help me

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:21
    Rich Green

Hey,

If you want to get up and running or just try umbraco then you can install it via the web platform installer http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx this runs you through all the install steps and you'll be up and running in no time.

Obviously ignore me if you have a specific reason to install the source code.

Rich

Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:26
    mortezasoft

In fact, I want to check the code & structure and so on, to choose it for development and customization.

But I am stuck in first step! How to login for at the first time?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:37
    Dirk De Grave

umbraco v4.7 doesn't "work" that way, you'd need to install the database first before you can ever login to the umbraco backend. I'd strongly suggest following Rich's suggestion and install umbraco first and once familiar with the basic building blocks, dive into the code to find out how umbraco works internally.

It IS possible to run the code, but you really need to install the umbraco site first, once you're done with that, you could open up the umbraco project, build it, make sure to copy the required dll's so you can step through the code.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jun 23, 2011 @ 09:41
    mortezasoft

OK, Thank you guys,

I will follow your instruction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft