Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• GS 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 25, 2011 @ 01:30
    GS

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Hi,

I am trying to install Umbraco 4.7 on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine, via the Web Platform Installer (not on WebMatrix). After running the wizard and setting up the database etc, I get the error below.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "PageHandlerFactory-Integrated" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jun 25, 2011 @ 08:59
    Daniel Bardi

AppPool needs to be running on .Net 4.0 Integrated pipeline

• Chris Langston 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 21:21
    Chris Langston

I experienced the same error after rebuilding a completely new machine.

The solution that I found that worked for me was answered in the following post:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10115-Issues-installing-Umbraco-45

What I did to resolve the issue was open a command prompt as an Administrator and then re-register asp.net with IIS using the following:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hope that helps you as well.

Best Regards,

Chris

• David 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 15, 2012 @ 21:13
    David

I had the same issue, after reading this post the solution was to run aspnet_regiis -i to re-register.  Please note to run aspnet_regiis -i from the correct location, usually in c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Frameworkxx\v4.xxxxx and be sure to run this in Administrator mode.  I'm on Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, fresh install with MS SQL 2008 R2 Express.  I was able to successfully complete Umbraco installation after this fix, IIS 7.5 is running was and is still running in .NET 4 integrated pipeline mode under Application Pools.  You may want to recycle your App Pool after your fix.

David

• Brian Heisler 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 21:02
    Brian Heisler

David - you are a genius!  I am trying to install and demo Umbraco (newbie) on AWS EC2 Windows.   Pretty straightforward til this error... 

Googled it, ended up here, did what Chris said (thanks Chris), no luck ... did what you said ( location !! )  - and - BINGO.  

Thanks greatly!  This entire process (from EC2 error to site-is-up) took about 7 minutes.  Excellent.

So... question:  anyone used Umbraco alot - as in with big sites of 60K visitors per day?  Comparing various CMS (.Net - Ektron, Sitefinity, Sitecore, Umbraco) and others... such as CQ5, Liferay.  

Thanks,

Brian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft