Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MrMufakka 24 posts 44 karma points
    Jun 27, 2011 @ 02:13
    MrMufakka

Configuration error, CanvasProvier

Hello again. I'm still trying to get umbraco back up and working with my database restore. I'm in the process of moving servers. I've done the following, in this sequence.

1) Installed umbraco on the new server. Verified it was working.
    2) Restore the database backup (from the old server) to the new server. Verified that the new data is now in umbraco through the backend of umbraco.
    3) Copied the umbraco files from the old wwwroot folder to the new wwwroot folder.

I'm now getting the following error when I try and access the front end of the site.

Line 19:       <add name="LoaderControlProvider" type="ClientDependency.Core.FileRegistration.Providers.LoaderControlProvider, ClientDependency.Core"/>
    Line 20:       <!-- Used for loading dependencies in Canvas mode -->
    Line 21:       <add name="CanvasProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider, umbraco" />
    Line 22:     </providers>
    Line 23:   </fileRegistration>

Please help. Thanks!

Jun 27, 2011 @ 02:16
    MrMufakka

Sorry, this was the error posted above the code:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider' from assembly 'umbraco'.

• qingfeng 8 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 27, 2011 @ 04:35
    qingfeng

sorry, this was the error posted above the code:

Jun 27, 2011 @ 04:51
    MrMufakka

Also, what folders/files do I need to copy from the old server (wwwroot directory) to the new server (wwwroot directory)?

Jun 27, 2011 @ 05:57
    MrMufakka

Ok, after several installs/uninstalls, copying/deleting, I've finally got the site up and running. Whew.

I copied the following directories/files form the old server to the new.

app_code
    app_data
    asp_net
    css
    data
    masterpages
    media
    scripts
    usercontrols
    xslt
    default.aspx
    site.py

Now to figure out and install the scripts/packages that were used to run the old site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft