Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• uxdesigner 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 28, 2011 @ 18:31
    uxdesigner

Sharing the current session with umbraco and a web app

Good day everyone,

I have got a question of using Umbraco simultaneously with a web application that I already have.

I have installed the Web Application (developed in house), and this web application requires the user to Log In to access it. Now, I installed Umbraco 4.7 inside a directory of this web application, and defined this folder as a website in our IIS.  So both applications are basically running from the same folder, same domain.

One would be htt://webapp  and the other would be http://webapp/cms (which is umbraco).

The reason to have Umbraco installed inside this is to have a way to edit the page contents and upload files to one  or three static pages in our website , easily.

I will recreate the master templates so Umbraco can have the same design and everything elses.

The question is ... while I am n avigating the site

1.0 Home

2.0 Transactions

3.0 Database View

4.0 About Us (page done in Umbraco).

5.0 Contact Us.

Lets say I am navigating the site, logged in with my client username of the main web app.

I hit Transactions, and I see the list of transactions, then I hit About Us (Created with Umbraco) and I see About Us content, but when I hit Transactions back again, I think I would have to log in again. I would like to know how to make Umbraco keep the session I am currently using in my main web app. So I do not have to log in all over again. I have not done this part as of yet, but I want to be sure and nobody in our development department knows how to do this.

It would be great to receive help from you guys.

Thanks a lot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft