Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dominic Brown 91 posts 111 karma points
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 14:35
    Dominic Brown

Timeout - Package Install

Hi,

I am new to Umbraco and i am trying to install the CWS package to help me get used to it, but everytime i try i get a Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out. error and it doesn't install it properly.

I tried the standard website package to see if it was the CWS but i just get the same issue

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 15:15
    Rich Green

Hey Dominic,

Not an answer, but you could always download the package and install as a local package?

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/creative-website-starter-(cws)

Rich

Jun 30, 2011 @ 15:51
    Dominic Brown

Hi Rich,

I've already tried that, i get the same error :o(

I have also found the configureation editor and the System.Web.Http section in there. I've increased the executionTimeout to 10 minutes but its made no difference

Jun 30, 2011 @ 15:54
    Rich Green

What version of Umbraco are you running? Without the package installed does the Umbraco install run without problems, can you add DocTypes etc?

Rich

Jun 30, 2011 @ 15:59
    Dominic Brown

4.7 i think.

I can use the standard starter packages.

I've just noticed that most if not all the files are there but its not in the content section.

So, i went to packages, its there and i went to click uninstall and there is data there (not sure if its everything), but when i goto content, its just the content and recycle bin

Jun 30, 2011 @ 16:01
    Rich Green

I've got a feeling the package doesn't work under 4.7, think it only works under 4.5 which is why you're having problems.

You can see which version you are running by clicking the 'About' button in the admin system.

Rich

Jun 30, 2011 @ 16:04
    Dominic Brown

yeah its 4.7

i've spent hours trying ot get it work aswell lol

am i able to get pervious versions? If so, i am right in thinking that its just the package that doesn't work in 4.7, the code can be transfered? if that makes sense

Jun 30, 2011 @ 16:07
    Rich Green

I'm not 100% sure, you can try contacting the developer Warren http://our.umbraco.org/member/1175 on Twitter 

You can grab 4.5 version of Umbraco here http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/

Most of the code should work as same XML schema, maybe you're right and it's just the installer that's different?

Best of luck

Rich

Jun 30, 2011 @ 16:21
    Dominic Brown

thanks alot for your help rich :o)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft