Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aembe 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 17:19
    Aembe

Problems with manual deploy

Hi,

I have umbraco 3.5 running on a staging server with windows server 2003 and iis6.
    The files and the database getting deployed by third partie tools.

The problem is that on the production server  ( same specs like the staging server ) i am not allowed to keep the umbraco folder availble via browser. When all files and the database are getting deployed from staging to production the "Launch Umbraco" (/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx) is coming up. So i need to republish the whole content. Because the umbraco folder is not allowed to be reachable ( because of that courier is not working too ) via browser i can't login to republish. Has anyone a idea how to solve this problem?
    Is there any way the content is already published when it's deployed?
    What i don't understand is, the complete database and all files are getting copied so why i have to republish the content.

Thanks for help

Jul 06, 2011 @ 17:35
    Aembe

Sorry,  it's umbraco 4.5 not 3.5

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 07, 2011 @ 18:05
    Tim

Hiya, it's because copying the files doesn't update the umbraco cache file (umbraco.config in the app_data folder). This contains all of the XML for the site and is what is used to build the front end pages of the site. The database is only really used by the back office.

In normal operation, the site will update this file when you add/edit/delete content through the back office (and Courier rebuilds it after its copied files across). It looks like the umbraco.config file is not being copied across with the other files maybe? Check if the file is there and that it has all of the information about your pages in it.

Jul 13, 2011 @ 17:29
    Aembe

Thanks,

that was it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft