Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian 17 posts 57 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:18
    Ian

Security question

Hi,

Thinking about embarking on a project with Umbraco - downloaded it and have been playing about and it looks really good.

However, the project that I'm looking to do is on a social network model, so it will involve many people signing up (ideally), and it will also involve some people paying for accounts with increased privileges.

I really just wanted to know what users thought on the Umbraco membership security?  Has anyone had any issues regarding security that made them think they should have just built their own membership system? 

Thanks

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:58
    Giorgos Grispos

Hello,

About a month ago, I finished the devlopment of a site with full membership (registration, forgot password etc.), everything is based on .net membership functionality. We got different type of groups with custom fields for each of them. At the moment we got no problem or any security issues. 

Follow that article, it's really good for starting up playing with .net membership.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/membership-providers

Thanks, Giorgos

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 16:01
    Rich Green

Hey Ian,

Welcome to the forum!

Umbraco uses the standard ASP.NET membership provider.

If you need to you're also welcome to use any memberhip provider you want, or even build one yourself.

Rich

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:34
    Tim

I'd echo what the others have said, we've got several transactional sites that use Umbraco membership and so far we've not had any security issues. As its using pretty standard .Net membership code, its as secure as any other .Net site that uses the membership system!

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft