Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob Riley 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 16:19
    Bob Riley

Using visual studio 2010 with a brand new localhost installation of Umbraco

I am attempting to install Umbraco to try it out.  I would like to use Visual Studio 2010.  I am having a number of issues with both the Web Platform Installer and with the manual install.  I have been able to launch the default.aspx page and start the installation process.  After I choose a starter kit (Business Starter Kit) - I'm getting a 'The given key was not present in the dictionary.' error.   This is a brand new /  clean install.  Even if I try to build the site using Visual Studio - I get a 'Could not load type 'Runway.Blog.usercontrols.AjaxCommentForm'.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:19
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Bob,

I'd strongly suggest to use the either web pi, or perform a manual install (using the binaries which can be downloaded from codeplex) to install an umbraco installation and give a wirl before trying to build and install umbraco from source.

From there on, have a look at the free video's available on umbraco.tv to get a head start on using umbraco.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Bob Riley 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 19:22
    Bob Riley

I cant get the web platform installation to work either.  its been a pleasure trying to get this set up - and all I want to do is evaluate the cms. 

Here are my initial set up values:

• jc 64 posts 101 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 23:49
    jc

Can you check to see if the user account that your app pool is running under has permissions to access that directory/file?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft