Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelviticus 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 17:48
    Nelviticus

Installing 4.7 on XP Pro behind firewall

Hi, I'm behind a corporate firewall so can't use the web platform installer but have been able to (mostly) get Umbraco installed manually. I have the admin interface up and can install local packages but not ones from the repository.

I can use my web browser to visit any site that isn't specifically blocked but it looks as though Umbraco runs under an account that isn't allowed through our firewall. Other than getting IT support to allow this account through (which I'm sure they'll say "no" to), is there any other way I can get Umbraco to connect to the repository?

Unfortunately until it can do this I'm stuck at the 'skinning' step of the installer (step 5, aka 'starter kit'). Even though I can install starter kits locally (ones I've downloaded outside of Umbraco), if I try to visit one of the pages within a starter site it redirects me to step 5 of the installer.

So I am stuck and would be grateful for some help.

Thanks

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 18:04
    Dirk De Grave

No, but any package you'd like to install can be obtained from our.umbraco.org/projects.

I guess you're being redirected to step 5 of the installer because the umbraco version info has not been persisted yet. If you're sure that the db has been updated, you could change the version info manually in the web.config and install any package from the developer section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Nelviticus 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 10:28
    Nelviticus

Thanks for the reply - I found that when I came back to work on Monday everything was working fine. Must have been fixed by shutting down the PC.

Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft