Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin McMahon 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 13:11
    Martin McMahon

Licencing Query

I am about to embark on a project and have been considering using Umbraco, however I wanted to clarify where I stood with licencing first.

The project is to develop a learing portal (e-portfolio system) that will be used by our company (a training provider) to record courses and clients progress through these courses. As well as providing a platform which supports out business operations, we also plan to develop a platform capable, in the longer term, of supporting the needs of similar service providers through, for example, an online service using a subscription-based Software-as-a-Service delivery model.

Can anyone offer advice on what type of licence we would require to offer this SaaS solution?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 13:19
    Rich Green

Hey Martin,

Welcome to the forum!

Umbraco is released under the MIT license and is open source, you do not need to purchase a license if that's what you mean.

You are free to use Umbraco to develop any solution you want.

Rich

• Martin McMahon 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 15:03
    Martin McMahon

Thanks Rich. That sounds good.

Would you consider Umbraco suitable for developing this sort of application?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 16:18
    Rich Green

Hey Martin,

I couldn't say from your description to be honest, prehaps ask a new question in http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco for some opinions as you know know the licensing is not an issue.

Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft