Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• notarry 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 14:02
    notarry

default user name and password for umbraco 4.7

hi,

i download umbraco 4.7 in source code version(not binary) and try to start umbraco.

when i run umbraco in umbraco.presentation project it need password to login.

but i don't have it coz i just run umbraco in a few second ago. your guy can tell me what

a default username/password for umbraco 4.7. i'm not sure which project should start first?

it's should be umbraco.presentation or which project?

thanks.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 19:02
    Lee Kelleher

Hi notarry,

Running Umbraco straight from the core source-code is more aimed at developers who are already familiar with Umbraco (and would have an existing database set-up).

Are you looking to develop/contribute to the Umbraco core project? or just want to use Umbraco to develop websites?

If it's to make your own websites, then I'd highly recommend using Web PI to get yourself set-up with Umbraco.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/umbraco.aspx

Good luck!  Any questions, let us know!

Cheers, Lee.

Jul 14, 2011 @ 05:03
    notarry

i'm not looking yet. you can tell me how to start to develop Umbraco core project? have any tutorial from beginning?

thanks.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 08:44
    Rich Green

Here's some great introduction videos to Umbraco 

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/introduction-to-umbraco

Rich

Jul 14, 2011 @ 09:24
    notarry

thanks for link. but i think it don't have something i want. i want to put my code inside umbraco to do something.

Jul 14, 2011 @ 09:40
    Rich Green

Could you explain what it is you're trying to do?

The more information you give, the better help you'll get.

Rich

Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:15
    notarry

i want to make umbraco as web template and put my business logic(my code) in umbraco.

for now i can't tell what kind of business because my require from customer is not stable.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:38
    jaygreasley

hi

what code are you trying to put in Umbraco?

I'd watch these http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/developing-with-umbraco

It sounds like you may need to write some .net user controls and use those in Umbraco

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:48
    Lee Kelleher

Hi notarry,

Don't worry, we're not asking you to give away your customer's business ideas! :-)

Do keep in mind that Umbraco core powers the back-office (CMS, publishing, security, etc) and for the front-end, it handles the URL routing ... everything else on the front-end would be handled by your code (that does not belong in the Umbraco core) - meaning you can create MasterPage templates, .NET user-controls, Razor, XSLT, etc. to provide the front-end functionality you need.

If you need to interact with the back-office, you can make use of the Umbraco core APIs ... these hook into all parts of the system - e.g. creating new documents, publishing events, new sections/trees, etc.

My advice is that you should use Umbraco as default, and build on top of it - otherwise you're creating a fork and will lead to a maintenance/upgrade nightmare - seriously ... you'd be entering a world of pain! (trust me from my past experiences!)

As Rich and Jay suggest, watch the videos, they'll give you a great overview of the architecture and how you can plug into Umbraco.

Cheers, Lee.

Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:51
    notarry

thank jaygreasley, now i can use usercontrol and interupt some event. if i have document to reference it's very nice.

because now i don't know what function i want to use or event i need.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:56
    jaygreasley

there is an API cheatsheet here - http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet

It sounds like you are new to Umbraco and trying to implement quite advanced features.

Personally I would look at going on the level 2 training course if it is available near you.

hth

Jay

Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:58
    Rich Green

I think you're talking about using the Umbraco API, here's a reference to the API in Umbraco 4 http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet (nothing to do with Umbraco 5).

Rich

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 12:25
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Apart from all of the excellent suggestions before in this thread, I would strongly recommend having a look at the free episodes of Umbraco TV to familiriaze yourself with how Umbraco works. That is a great basic training that will make everything a LOT easier to grasp.

Unfortunately, Umbraco.com is down for maintenance at the moment, but when it's back up, you can find them there.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 14:18
    Jul 18, 2011 @ 06:50
    notarry

Thanks everyone, now i try to using the Umbraco API. I think is better if i using API then swim in source code that i never know.

• Maxemilian Hilbrand 13 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 11:09
    Maxemilian Hilbrand

Hi notarry,

It's most likely that no database exists or the database is empty. You will have to create a database, a sql server login and create the database schema.

Take the following steps:

1. Create a fresh database on your SQL Server, for example umbraco (which is default) on .\SQLEXPRESS (also default)
    2. Create a login (default for umbraco is web with password farmer), and give this login dbo permission on the umbraco database
    3. Configure the connection string found in umbraco.presentation\web.STANDARD.config. This file overrides your web.config at startup. If you have SQL Server installed locally on the instance .\SQLEXPRESS, named the database umbraco and are using web as user and farmer as password, you won't have to change anything in the config files
    4. Now you have to create the database schema. Locate the file Total.sql. This can be found in the project umbraco.datalayer\SqlHelpers\SqlServer\Sql\
    5. Copy the Total.sql content to a query window, locate the line which begins with "INSERT INTO [umbracoUser]" and replace N'default' with N'bnWxWyFdCueCcKrqniYK9iAS+7E='. This is the hash code for 'default'
    6. Run the solution and log in with admin/default

I hope this helps.

Find more information about Umbraco in my blogs at www.isicore.de/category/isicore-blog  (German)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft