Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pat 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 15:59
    Pat

No Starter Kits, No skins, No Content tabs

Hi, 

Ive successfuly installed Umbraco, however it hasnt appeared to install any starter kits nor the skins afterwards.

My main gripe is that after creating a template and doc type. In the content menu, I can create a new doc, load the template and publish, but I have no access to any tab other than properties. Is this related to the previous problem?

Also incase it was not obvious I have very little idea of how to use Umbraco but heres hoping I improve.

Cheers.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 16:43
    Rich Green

Hey Pat,

Welcome to the forum!

How did you install Umbraco, did you use the Web Platform Installer?

Did you choose to install a starter kit?

Out the box Umbraco (without a starter kit) comes EMPTY and that's how it should be.

If you haven't already done so I would consider watching these great free intro videos http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/introduction-to-umbraco

Rich

Jul 13, 2011 @ 16:57
    Pat

Hi Rich,

I installed through the web platform installer, made my database and everything,

then when I was going through the configuration Wizard I went through the motions and at installing a starter kit I clicked install on say simple, screen goes to the installation, bar at 0%, background darkens to purple and without any installation it jumps to Install a skin, and there when I pick one it just lets me click away without performing any actions.

Went looking at the videos and saw what I needed. I came close when I was first trying to sort it when I was looking at simple text editor

Now I know what to do.

Thanks a million Rich! I only wish I came here straight away instead of trawling the internet with searches.

Again you have my thanks!

Edit: It seems Im still in a spot of trouble. Since I dont have audio for the videos until I get home/earphones, any chance you could tell me how to edit the html from content for individual pages or is it just through the templates. I know there is a html button on the rich text editor but it seems to only allow a change of source.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 17:17
    Rich Green

No problem,

You edit the HTML via the templates or XSLT (or usercontrols or razor).

Rich

Jul 13, 2011 @ 17:25
    Pat

Alrighty. Cheers again!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft