Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 02:58
    Jacqui Kipfer

404 error when trying to display first page

Hi,

I'm not so new, I have installed 3 successful Umbraco sites using 4.3, but I am unable to get my first page to display in a new site using ver 4.7.

My structure site is

Content

-Mydomain -

--First Page - Manage Host Names = mydomain.com

I have read/write permissions set for both Network User and mydomain.com from wwwroot down through all the subfolders.

I have tried deleteing the data/umbraco.config file then republishing the site.  The umbraco.config is recreated, I can see my 2 pages in it, but they still wont display.

Web.config has the Hide Top Level = True, which is fine as I am trying to disply the next page down.

I have created a new document type with its own template. The template has one RichText Editor in it and I have typed a word into it as content on my Fisrt Page.  Still no joy.

What else could I be missing?  Thanks in advance, feel like I am going nuts!

Regards, Jacqui

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2011 @ 13:36
    Tim

Hi Jacqui,

Are you running IIS7? Make sure that the App Pool is running in Integrated Mode. If it isn't, change it and see if your pages show up.

Hope that helps!

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Jul 19, 2011 @ 17:17
    Jacqui Kipfer

I finally figured it out.  I had accidently corrupted my web config, must've been while I was changing the custom errors piece. Doh!  Its all working as expected now.  Thanks Tim for your response.  Maybe this list of "what to look fors" will help others on their journey.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft