This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 16:56
    Kevon K. Hayes

Stuck in a Loop

UMB 4.7.0.378
    IIS 7.5
    WIN SVR 2008 STD/SQL SVR 2008

Installed Umbraco and the Business Site Template.  Went to preview the first page and it takes me back to the "Welcome to the Umbraco Installation" page, So I republished the page, went to preview the Business Site homepage and again it took me back to the "Welcome to the Umbraco Installation" on and on each time I try to browse or preview.  I'd seriously like to get started with UMB 4.7 but the startup wizard wont let me.  :-(

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 17:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevon

If you have a look at the web.config file, what does this line say then?

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.7.0" />

Is it empty or is it saying 4.7.0 like above? If it's empty then insert the version number and I think you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jul 15, 2011 @ 17:51
    Kevon K. Hayes

Thanks.  This did resolve the issue and I was able to duplicate the problem on another fresh install.  So, to all others that're experiencing the same thing:

<caveat>
       The fix works however you cannot plug in 4.7.0 in the value attribute of the above element until after you've reached step 6 of the Install Wizard. Or you'll get a domains error.
    </caveat>

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 17:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevon

Glad to hear that it solved the problem.

I'm just a bit puzzled about why this is happening. Are you sure that the sufficient permissions have been given to the network service or the iusr since the Umbraco version is not being updated in the web.config file?

/Jan

Jul 15, 2011 @ 19:07
    Kevon K. Hayes

Well, I didn't give Network Service Modify permissions to the web.config file like I normarlly would (like w/ UMB 4.0-4.5.2) as I only gave permissions per what the wizard stated it needed.  So as a matter of lose ends, I'd say that would explain it.  Why wasn't it listed on the permissions page of the wizard, I don't know?  But it seems that if all else was listed then so should have the web.config.

• Melissa Snell 14 posts 34 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 18:20
    Melissa Snell

I had exactly the same issue and it was web.config missing from the installer instructions that caught me out too.

I updated the web.config setting as suggested and that sorted it!

Thanks for the tip

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft