Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 02:26
    Tony Lorentzen

Update notification box looks wierd

So - I just upgraded a website from 4.0.3 to 4.7 (which also included an "upgrade" from SQL Server Express 2008 to SQL Server 2005). Phew! So far everything looks good except for a few packages that didn't work.

Anyway - I noticed that the little notification box that appears when you save and publish a page looks "funky" (for the lack of a better word). I'm thinking maybe there might be something off with a stylesheet or something; which in turn makes me worried that something else is missing.

Here's how it looks:

Anyone seen this before - and know how to fix it or where to look for trouble?

Best

Tony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 13:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tony

This is a bit of a looong shot...but anyway...are you sure the permissions have been set 100% correct on the network service and the iusr? This typically causes some weird looking backend isses if they have not been set properly in my experience.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Michael Hyldsgaard 64 posts 124 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 14:37
    Michael Hyldsgaard

I have the exact same problem and haven't been able to figure it out. This also started after upgrading to 4.7...

The website is hosted by UnoEuro so I really don't know about permissions.

I did though try to upgrade a website on my own machine and everything shows just fine.

/Michael

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 14:45
    Tony Lorentzen

Hey Jan,

Not at all a long-shot apparently. I just reset permissions on the whole /umbraco folder and checked the "replace permission entries..." checkbox. That appears to have done the job. Michael - not sure how you can do this at Unoeuro - sorry.

Thanks for the help, Jan!

Best

Tony

• Michael Hyldsgaard 64 posts 124 karma points
    Jul 20, 2011 @ 22:09
    Michael Hyldsgaard

Great that it solved the problem. I'll give it a go and ask UnoEuro to do the same... they usually do everything they can to help... :o)

Thanks Jan!

/Michael

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2011 @ 00:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Guys

That's good to hear :-)

@Michael: Yes, they're usually pretty fast to help people out in my experience. But sometimes it could be nice to have some more advanced options in the control panel. If I remember correctly it's possible to set permission using the control panel on wannafind products (same company)...oh well, I've moved off topic now, eh ;-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft