Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Holm 18 posts 37 karma points
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 21:22
    Martin Holm

Installation fail

Hi everybody

I have a question.. when i try to install umbraco on a webhost server I get an error message when trying to connec to database it gets nowhere justs stays on 0% and after a couple of minutes i get this message : Database connection initialisation failed. I dont understand it because as far as i see all the info that I have typed in for the Mysql connection is correct.

I have preveously installed Umbraco with no problems on a uneeuro account but my client wants to use a host called web10.

Has anybody have an idea what could be the problem? Because I really need help on this one :)

Thanks..

Martin

Database connection initialisation failed.Database connection initialisation failed.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 22:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

Are you sure the correct permissions have been setup for the network service and iusr? And that the db permissions are correct too?

I'm guessing that you need to contact web10 support about this since I suspect you don't have access to these features.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jul 29, 2011 @ 23:00
    Martin Holm

Hi Jan

I am not sure about the permissions. I have written web10, but unfortunately they are a bit slow at giving response back at me.

I will certainly try asking them about the permissions..

Thanks alot for your help :)

Martin

Jul 29, 2011 @ 23:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

You're welcome.

Let's await and see what they tell you then - probably not much you can do about it yourself right now unfortunately.

/Jan

Jul 29, 2011 @ 23:13
    Martin Holm

That was what I was afraid of.. Dont know why the slow response time, it is only Friday night :)

Lets see what they say, and thanks..

Aug 04, 2011 @ 12:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

Did you ever get a response from the hosting company?

/Jan

Aug 04, 2011 @ 16:31
    Martin Holm

Hi Jan

Hi Jan, sorry i haven't commented on the response i godt from the hosting company, but it was exactly what suggested.. I had not got the right permissions for the database, but they could give me the persmissions, so now everything works like a charm :)

Thank you very much for your help in this matter, really appreciate it! :)

/Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft