Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lloyd 15 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 02, 2011 @ 23:29
    Lloyd

Is there a .net 3.5 compatible release for 4.6.1 or ideally 4.7?

I've just upgraded to 4.7. We have an umbraco site as our front end 'brochure' site for a SaaS application run on a virtual directory on the same domain. The SaaS app is developed in delphi and run on .net 2.0. It has a bunch of virtual directories that run the app, an api etc.

With the way that it's set up 4.7 won't work because we can't safely upgrade to .net 4.0 it's causing some complications with how our app sets up various things (kind of don't want to have to get into that if I can help it). The long and short of it is that we need can only run in .net 3.5, soooo I need to either downgrade or well, it seems like downgrading is my only option. Humph, I was loving 4.7 so much. :(

So I've been to the release page for 4.6.1, I can probably swallow a downgrade by one step. It promises a .net 3.5 compatible release soon. Did that ever materialise or am I going to have to go down to 4.5.2? In either case does anyone know or can anyone confrim if I can use the same database from the 4.7 install, I don't recall any major db updates when I upgraded from 4.5.2? I've added A LOT of content so I don't want to have to lose all that.

Lloyd

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft