Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 18, 2011 @ 11:24
    Cavan Arrowsmith

Azure/Umbraco Accelerator - SSL Certificate

I'm now looking to migrate everything to a live, production environment and open it up to customers to log in securely to the Umbraco admin section, but I need to secure all logins.

I've been reading a few forum posts and Microsoft MDSN pages on how to upload an SSL Cert on Azure but they are not helpful - I think!

I've purchased a SSL Web Server Certificate with Thawte and can download the cert in X509 or PK7SC format. I used a set of powershell commands (See below) to convert a .cer to .pfx and set a password but when I come to create a new Production Deployment in Azure I receive the message:

I'm using the Umbraco on Windows Azure Step-by-Step guide PDF document but this doesn't document SSL certificates and I'm stuck here. Does anyone else have any experience here?

Many thanks

Cavan

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 22, 2011 @ 12:03
    Cavan Arrowsmith

This has been solved. It was due to an incorrectly issued Thawte certificate, which meant that the Private Key was not being correctly picked up in the installed certificate under MMC.

• Amigo 243 posts 568 karma points
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 14:28
    Amigo

Hi Cavan,

Can you tell me how to get the https working when deploying umbraco through the accelrator?
    I have uploaded the certificate, but do i need to set any endpoints in the accelrator before uploading it or what?

I cant get it to work.... 

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 22:47
    Nate

I can't get this to work either.  I have the cert up, but my webrole says "waiting for node to start..." and never leaves that state.

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 18:52
    Nate

I figured it out!  You have to put two files next to the root of your website in your storage location.

You put in www.mysite.com.pfx and www.mysite.com.pfx.txt

.pfx is your cert.  .pfx.txt is your cert password.

The umbraco accelerator will pick up the cert and installing!  You don't have to do anything else!

This took like three months for me to figure out...

One thing to note is that steve marx said you might have to have your file like this "www-mysite-com.pfx" and "www-mysite-com.pfx.txt" because of teh way the umbraco accelerator worked.  I tried both ways, and I think it worked with www.mysite.com, but I have both files in there just to be sure :).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft