Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 22:17
    Simon Dingley

4.0.3 > 4.5.2 > 4.7.0 Upgrade - No XSLT Files

I've just done a dummy run upgrade on a client site, I've done a few of these before and no real issues but on this site after completing the upgrade process no XSLT files are being loaded into the XSLT directory of the developers section. None of the XSLT files will render on the front end either.

I've checked permissions and they are fine and also nothing in the logs.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Simon

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 22:23
    Tom Fulton

Hey Simon,

I did a few of these myself recently and no major issues...

What do you mean when you say the files aren't being loaded in the XSLT directory?  The XSLT Files tree isn't expanding, but the files are on the filesystem with correct permissions?

You might try running Fiddler when you expand the tree to see if you are getting an error returned on the tree's web service?

-Tom

Aug 19, 2011 @ 22:26
    Simon Dingley

Hey Tom, The files exist in the filesystem but the XSLT File tree remains empty and loads none of the files which makes me think that perhaps there is an underlying exception somewhere that I can't pinpoint. 

I'll give Fiddler a try.

Cheers

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 22:46
    Tom Fulton

Do you have any packages or code that have a Context Menu Item by any chance?

Here's a similar thread (no solution) with the same issue that occured when adding a Context Menu item.  I know there were some changes between context menu items in 4.5 but the change I'm aware of causes all of your trees not to render.

Either way hopefully Fiddler gives you an error :)

-Tom

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 23:07
    Lennart Stoop

Id like to add that you can also check the stacktrace by appending the umbdebugshowtrace=true to the url of the pages with xslt errors.

The xslt files not rendering might be related to the issue with the tree not loading the xslt files.

The issue may be caused by a dll which should no longer be in the bin folder or something similar.

Grtz

L 

Aug 19, 2011 @ 23:10
    Simon Dingley

Thanks guys, the issue does appear to be related to an exception being thrown in the tree when trying to inject some custom context menu items. That's a seperate issue for me to deal with but at least now I know why I'm not getting the tree loading correctly.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft