Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tito 314 posts 623 karma points
    Aug 22, 2011 @ 20:36
    Tito

Web site works in Cassini but throws 404 error in VS2010 with IIS 7 express

I have a web site that works OK when launched with VS2010 and the built in server.

The url:

localhost:3271/mywebsite

but some images werent ok in the UI becouse they pointed to url localhost:3271/image_ui.gif instead of localhost:3271/mywebsite/image_ui.gif (it is an example)

so i installed SP1 on VS2010 and launch the web through IIS 7 express, the url now is:

localhost:3271/

the pages go well, but when i try the backend

localhost:3271/umbraco/

i get this error:

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://localhost:3271/umbraco/'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/*/* [@urlName = "umbraco"] | /root/* [@urlName = ""]')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element.

For more information, visit information about custom 404 on the umbraco website.

How can i configure this to work?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2011 @ 13:41
    Tim

Are you typing in /umbraco or /umbraco/? If you haven't got a slash on the end, it'll think you're looking for a page!

The other thing to check is that the web.config has the ~/umbraco in the umbracoReservedPaths app setting, if that's not present, it'll treat the folder as content too.

One final thing to look at is whether the site app pool is running in integrated mode in IIS Express!

Hope one of those helps sort out your issue!

Aug 25, 2011 @ 14:33
    Tito

Thanks Tim,

Yes im typing /umbraco/ and is in the umbracoReservedPaths. In fact when i open it as web site on the VS2010 it works. But the problem is when i mark "use IIS Express" and instead of being localhost/mywebsite is localhost/

I dont know why it doesnt work, how can i see witch app pool is running? is it important for this?

Aug 30, 2011 @ 08:13
    Tito

I resolved it. I think is something with the web.config, i restored the original one and it worked perfectly. The only thing i remember to change was adding a reserved url to put page to make an import of data from another database

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft