Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nir Shoham 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:26
    Nir Shoham

Problem updating from 4.5.2 to 4.7

Hello everyone, I'm trying to update my current 4.5.2 installation to 4.7 on my remote server. I've followed the instructions on the main site and here on the forum but I still have a problem.

I've copied all the files(/bin,/umbraco,/umbraco_client) to the server, gave premissions to files and folders as instructed on the forum, deleted problematic .dll files and updated the config.web(comparing with the old one).

When I go to the website I get the installation wizard but after license it just jumps to the end and gives me the options to view my webiste(which takes me back to the first step of the wizard) or to set it up which leads me to the working control panel.

I've tried adding the "4.7" version to the config.web but I get the same result only instead of the install wizard I get the upgrade wizard.

In the control panel about panel the version stated is 4.7.

My host have updated the .net version to 4 and gave premission as I've requested.

So I'm just lost, looks like I've tried everything(there are other things I've tried that I didn't list here, I just didn't really believe they would work, and tried anyway).

I would really appreciate any help in the matter!

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:43
    Rich Green

Hi Nir,

Welcome to the forum!

Did you try to republish your nodes after the upgrade?

Rich

• Nir Shoham 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:51
    Nir Shoham

Yea, I've republished everything before and it doesn't help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft